Sunday, June 8, 2008

Petrol Prices

Kevin Rudd 
Click to Enlarge

I must admit I'm seeing it with the benefit of hindsight, however, I'm baffled why Kevin Rudd, and his advisors, didn't see the potential political risk of promising to act on climate change and helping voters at the bowser.

I mean, the two policy directions are polar opposites, and any advisor worth his/her salt should have seen that. Unless, they were only focused on what would win the last federal election. The dangers of short term thinking.

I won't even start on solar panels. Though I can see the solution. They should have said that it was an ineffective spend to provide such a concession at effectively a micro level. Much smarter to assist in making green energy, ie selecting the green energy supplier option, easier. Tax rebates to those earning less than $100K per year.

Admittedly I haven't studied the economics, but the reduction in carbon footprint would have been impressive. Good idea, heh. See, it's easy, or should be.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: